Industrial Trailers combine the best features of stock carts and tugger trailers, providing versatile material handling for order picking, line feeding, putaway, and other intralogistics tasks — even in very narrow aisle facilities. Industrial Trailers are ideal for tugger trains and can also be operated manually.
From order picking in very narrow aisles (VNA) to plant intralogistics, Industrial Trailers offer a versatile solution to any material handling challenge. Ergonomic features and a slim profile improve productivity during manual use, while self-latching hitches link units together into highly efficient tugger trains. Industrial Trailers connect to tow tractors, automated guided vehicles (AGVs), or autonomous mobile robots (AMRs), as well as one another. Additionally, users can handle the IT with lift trucks via heavy duty fork pockets at the base of the frame.
High-capacity shelves are made of slotted steel to reduce overall unit weight, and sit at a slight angle to the base, keeping bins close to the operator for more ergonomic gains. Lipped shelving edges secure contents during travel. Two 6-inch (15-centimeter) phenolic casters swivel for tight turns, while the other two casters can be locked into a rigid, straight position or unlocked to rotate 360 degrees. The former setting prevents fishtailing in tugger trains, while the latter provides greater maneuverability for manual handling.
Custom engineered models are available on request.
Features and Benefits
- Compatible with most common tuggers, piloted or automated
- Two (2) vertical push/pull bars for ergonomic manual use
- Welded fork pockets for handling via lift truck
- Three shelves with capacities of 100 lbs (45kg) each
- Slotted metal shelves reduce weight for ergonomic manual handling
- Shallow-angle shelves keep bins close to user
- Lipped shelves secure contents, with or without bins
- Two (2) front swivel casters enhance maneuverability
- Two (2) rear casters include swivel locks for rigid (straight-tracking) or 360-degree (tight-turning) motion
- Integrated data plates for cart numbering/tracking information
- Vertically adjustable front tow bar locks flat against frame between uses
- Rear self-latching hitch locks into place effortlessly
- Welded steel frame with a chemical- and acid-resistant powder-coat finish
- 6” (15 cm) phenolic casters
- Quiet-rolling poly casters optional
- 16” (41 cm) height between shelves, with a lidless top for taller items