6-Cell Philadelphia Scientific Water Injector System
* If you would like instant install kits instead of the semi-assembled, please email sales@powRparts.com after placing an order with battery make and model, as well as battery dimensions.
Features and benefits:
- Very fast operation: An average industrial truck battery can be filled, with precise level control, in less than 15 seconds. Yet the system is gentle. The secret is parallel filling, made possible by the unique low-friction tubing and pressurized water supply.
- Compact: A very low profile allows them to fit on almost any battery. Injectors can snap in and out to allow inspection of electrolyte levels and specific gravities.
- Rugged: Tough enough to survive impacts, abuse and extremes of battery temperatures. There are no exposed parts to break off even when an Injector is removed from a cell. This makes the Water Injector System ideal for rapid or opportunity charge applications.
- True level sensing mechanism. Needs no submergence to sense level as a float does. Can work right down to the top of the separators. Will not fail if it touches cell components.
- The only single point watering system to allow convenience filling. The Water Injector System has the unique ability to be used to fill a battery regardless of state of charge. In conventional charging applications, the Water Injector System is precise enough to allow filling before or after charge. For rapid or opportunity charge applications watering should only be done after the weekly equilazation charge.
- No-freeze tubing: The surplus water drains from the tubing into cells after filling is complete. This makes the system perfect for use in cold storage facilities and other freezing environments.
- 2-Stage Filtration: In addition to the filter screen in the water tubing, each Injector has its own individual filter.
- 5 Year warranty: Philadelphia Scientific warrants its Water Injectors against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of sale by Philadelphia Scientific.
- Easy to order and inventory: Each Water Injector System has a single part number to simplify ordering and inventory control. Water Injector Systems are available in three options: Instant Install, which requires no additional assembly; Semi Assembled, which requires very little additional assembly; and Spider System, which requires some assembly.
- Exclusive product: The Water Injector System is manufactured by Philadelphia Scientific. For over two decades, it has been the fastest, most reliable battery filling system in the world.
- Exclusive reconditioning service: Water Injectors are so tough that we can recondition used ones regardless of their age. We discard the old tubing and connectors, clean the Injectors in a special cleaning process and, after a 100% inspection, install them on a new length of tubing. That means even more savings for our customers.
How Water Injectors work
Inside each Water Injector is a precision level-sensing valve enclosed in a strong protective housing. When the electrolyte level rises to reach the tip of the Injector, the valve shuts off instantly. There are no exposed parts to stick or break and individual Injectors are strong enough to survive the abuse of tough applications for many years of use.
There are no floats of any kind involved because this is not a hydrostatic system. It is a hydrodynamic system powered by the incoming pressurized water. One great benefit of this approach is that the actuating (shutoff) force of an Injector is typically 20 times stronger than the buoyancy available with a float. This makes Injectors virtually immune to “sticking” due to gummy residues in the cells. It is what gives them their legendary reliability.
The other enormous benefit of pressurized water is that it produces fast filling – which translates into productivity gains and cost savings. Furthermore, a short, 15 second fill cycle also raises operator confidence because he or she can be present and attentive during the entire filling operation. That is not possible with systems that take minutes to fill.
To achieve their superior speed and reliability, Water Injectors must be supplied with adequate water pressure. However, this is not a difficult requirement to meet. (See the link below on water supplies). For installations with only one or two batteries, we recommend our Watering Gun, our Stealth Watering System™, or a contract Watering Service.
Water Injectors are installed into each cell on a battery. Rugged tubing that runs through each each Water Injector forms a single continuous flow path on top of the battery. The water tubing itself has a large bore to minimize pressure drop. The system connects to any of our engineered water supplies with simple quick-connect couplings. A spinning flow indicator, on the water supply, stops when the battery is full. After filling, excess water in the tubing drains into the cells to prevent freezing in cold store applications. A typical 18-cell battery is filled in 15 seconds.
Click here for more information!