"Blinky Basic" Battery Watering Monitor
New & Improved Blinky Basic
Original, ultra-reliable electrolyte-level Indicator with green blinking light and single wire connection.
Our original watering monitor revolutionized the checking of electrolyte levels in industrial batteries. The Blinky Basic battery watering monitor is the low-cost solution for accurate electrolyte monitoring and is now even better because of the following new features and benefits:
- Much brighter LED light, making it much more visible.
- New installation forgiveness zone, reducing the potential for damaging monitors during installation and providing a far wider voltage operating range.
- Even stronger design, ensuring reliable, long-lasting performance.
This patented device blinks green when the electrolyte is OK, and goes out when the level is low – below the tip of the probe. The operator can see that the battery needs water even from the other side of a dark battery room. Better still, he can see when the battery is OK, and doesn’t need water, so he doesn’t waste time checking batteries that don’t need checking. The flashing green Blinky Basic light says “leave me alone”, and prevents over filling of batteries with water, which often happens when an operator fills all the batteries at one time- without checking individual batteries for levels.
The Blinky Basic has a patented circuit that prevents false indication due to leakage paths and tracking on a dirty or wet battery. It has a legendary reputation for reliability and now features an even stronger body.
The Blinky Basic battery watering monitor is a low cost solution for electrolyte monitoring. For more advanced options please refer to the Smart Blinky section of our website.
Features & Benefits:
- Easy to see and to use: A bright flashing green LED means the electrolyte level is OK; no light means it is time to water the cells.
- Protects your battery investment: The Blinky Basic helps protect against battery dry-out, a major failure mode for industrial batteries.
- Installation Forgiveness: This new feature provides for more tolerance of installation errors, reducing the risk of damaging the monitors during installation. If the unit is installed incorrectly within the forgiveness zone the LED will not come on but the unit is not permanently damaged and can be corrected.
- Improves operator safety: There is no longer any need for maintenance staff to peer into vent wells to check levels.
- Fits almost all batteries: Blinky monitors are available with many standard probe lengths, and can also be easily trimmed to any custom length.
- Engineered to be even tougher: The new streamlined Blinky Basic body is now even stronger and built to withstand the harsh environment of industrial battery applications. Its materials are resistant to corrosion and its low profile protects it against damage from battery cables and other hazards. It is designed to last for the life of the battery.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: Over a battery's lifetime, the Blinky Basic saves a surprising amount of time – or labor cost - and delivers a rapid return on investment. The cost of a single Blinky Basic is a very small addition to the purchase price of an industrial battery; but it allows watering on a labor-saving "as-needed" basis instead of a “hit or miss schedule” basis. This is even more important with batteries that require less frequent water additions.
- UL Classified: The Blinky Basic battery watering monitor is UL Classified so that you can be assured of its safety.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: the Blinky Basic is covered by a one-year limited warranty.